11 April 2011

Distance Running in Madrid

So I started to input my few runs into a website called Runtrackr.com, which was pointed out to me by a friend. It uses google maps to calculate your distance in kilometers or miles and your caloric burn depending on your weight.

I found, to my surprise, no routes for Madrid. I thought maybe because it was a new site, but no it has been around since 2008. So I put down my few runs for all to use.

Now then I was shocked that my long run was only 11.4 k. I had thought that would have been longer, especially after nearly killing myself on Friday. I think it's the two hills on the run, one a full k and the other half a k long. They make it so much harder to get through.

So I played with the map...

I ended up creating a 16+ k run through Casa de Campo. I'm going to try it out on Friday. Though I'm going to buy a water bottle belt before, it is really hot now in the direct sun. I'm hoping to get one of my friends to go for it. Haha. Probably not.

There's also some shorter 3-6 k that I put on the website. They're going through parque oeste and very easy on the eyes. The 3.5 k is my morning run. The One Hill run is great for repeats and close to home.

As it stands I am thirsty to go for a run today. I missed my morning run because Sofia's mom is in town and dinner plans. Also same tonight. I am hoping tomorrow to get back on track. Slow growth back to every day runs.

Happy runs to all. If you're in Madrid let me know if you want to run together.

R


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment